The age of technology has paved the way for us to communicate with our loved ones from anywhere around the world. In fact, it has never been this easy. You can now access the internet and social media platforms to reach out to your friends and family. This is a great opportunity for you to instantly contact your senior loved ones, whether you are living in a different location or you are bombarded with several personal responsibilities. At The Owls’ Nest Home Care Services, a home care agency in Riverside, California, we highly encourage family-centric assisted care because studies prove that a senior’s social interaction, especially with their family, strongly correlates to their health. Not only will your parents appreciate your effort to strengthen your relationship with them, but they can benefit from it as well.
How it benefits your relationship:
- It allows you to be involved in their lives and monitor their well-being.
- You are able to update them with life events with pictures and videos.
- Both you and your parents are able to participate in each other’s special occasions through video calls.
- Your children value their grandparents and family.
- Your parents feel loved and supported.
How it benefits your parents’ health:
- It boosts their overall mood.
- It challenges their mind and keeps it active.
- It lowers their risk of depression.
- It reduces stress and anxiety.
- It encourages social interaction.
If you are unable to visit your parents frequently, taking advantage of the use of technology will remind your senior loved ones that you care for them. Distance will no longer be a hindrance to build and maintain relationships among parents, children, and grandchildren. Our home care services in Moreno Valley, California wants you to stay connected with your loved ones! Making sure that your senior loved ones keep in touch with their family is only one of the aspects of our holistic services. We give comprehensive and individualized personal care that will best cater to your needs. Don’t hesitate to give us a call!